Friday, February 24, 2012

Why can't I keep up.... AKA days 19-24

So yet again I'm playing catch up. But this time I have a great reason. This week has been way too long. EJ has a cold and is teething so she's not sleeping well which means that either am I. DH ended up in the hospital on Wednesday, nothing major but it took him all day just to find out he had fluid built up on his knee. So he's on light duty all the next week, so our nights have been pretty chill but I've been a bit of a mama bear and been making him sit while I get everything for him :D So here's my catch up with photos

Day 19: Supplies
This is my hope chest full of yarn, this is an old photo... the yarn doesn't fit here anymore. I have to move what's in here so that EJ's clothes can fit in it.

Day 20: Finishing
Here's four zip up hoodies, ready to sew in the zippers. The top on is for EJ and the others are all going to new babies. The scary things is I have more to make. A few babies will have to wait a little longer. After the zippers are in its just block and wait. I'm getting so excited.

Day 21: Crafting Accompaniments
Lately with EJ up so late my accompaniments are TV, the baby monitor and lots of coffee. It's french vanilla coffee with french vanilla cream. Can you tell I love the taste of french vanilla?

Day 22: Contrast
It took me forever to think of what to take a picture of for this. But then I looked over at my scrapbooking desk and saw that black mat sitting on my white desk. I love the way the lines blur towards the edge.

Day 23: Inspiration from Clothes
These are two sweaters that I'm considering recycling into another project or two. They're both low cut V-necks that I love to wear with a tank top underneath but as you can see the blue one suffered a little accident and the other one hasn't fit properly since EJ. I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull the green one out as it's a little pilled but it's gorgeous yarn with a hint of gold running through it.

Day 24: Close up

This is the inside of one of the hoods on a hoody for a little girl named Brianna. It's her first birthday present. I'm so excited to give it to her. She got one when she was born but it doesn't fit anymore. But I have to start working on the one for her little brother because he's due in the middle of May.

And of course it's not a post without a picture or two of EJ. There's about five or six blankets in her crib. One for each time I put her back to bed last night. I kept forgetting to take one with me so every time I cuddled her to sleep she got a new blankie :D
 Her newest thing, other than sitting up by herself is she swings her arms widely and clasps her hands together when excited. I've tried a million times to get a shot of it and this is the best one. That's saying something. She's also started holding her arm out to something she wants and rolling her fingers in and out. It makes knowing what she wants really easy but makes me worry we won't be able to teach her to ask politely for things which is a big deal to me. I've been raised with what I think are really good manners and that's how I want my kids to be.

Thought I'd also show you how I'm doing on the stocking. Heel done and the gusset started. I've never knitted a sock with a heel like this. So this was tricky. So excited to see it done soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. It's been fun meeting new crafters this month! :)

    ReplyDelete