Friday, March 30, 2012

FO Friday or Finally and FO!

So I finally have a FO! Yay! I just finished weaving in the ends last night, well actually this morning, at about 12:30. EJ was not feeling up to sleeping last night. Sorry this picture is a little blurry. But it still looks cute and will be perfect over her Easter dress.

 Pattern: Confection Baby Shrug from the Shizknit
Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly Tiny Tots DK(No color Name attached) 50 g
I love this pattern, I have to make a bigger one for when she grows out of this but I'll wait until I get some other projects done. The only problem I have with this yard is how hard it is to weave the ends in. But I finally figured out that the slubs are attached to a white thread that is easy to cut out of the end. This was half way through weaving them in though.

And yesterday I was absolutely surprised to find a parcel card in my mail box. And this is what was waiting for me at the post office. I had entered a giveaway at Crafts from the Cwtch. I was so excited to open it that I couldn't even wait 'til I got home. So I went to my Grandma's and opened it up.
 After taking off the blue packaging to find this. The most adorable owl wrapping paper. I didn't want to tear it even.
And the inside was even more exciting. A hand sewn project bag from the cutest fabric. A 7 mini skein set of hand dyed sock yarn from The Knitting Goddess. A set of DPN's for the pattern. And a free copy of the BeeKeepers Quilt. I'm so excited to start working on this pattern. I will post pictures as soon as I do.
 On a funny note: I was telling Grandma that the package came from the UK. She was looking at the yarn. And I said, "Yeah see it's 10 pounds". She put the yarn in her hand and moved it up and down thinking. "There's no way this weighs 10 pounds" and I had to not laugh at her because she didn't even get what she had said. So I told her "No Grandma as in it cost 10 pounds they don't use dollars there." She immediately went red and then laughed at herself. At least she can still laugh at herself in moments like this.

And for your EJ picture (even though there's two of them at the top of the post). This is EJ hanging out with my brother and chewing on an orange. I tried to get the faces she was making as this was her first experience with an orange slice but my phone camera wasn't so great.
 As always check out the FO's on Tami's Amis

3 comments:

  1. love the shrug! Am also loving your prize!!! Wow! that is fantastic...and generous too - I'm in the UK - £10 is not an insubstantial amount of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that little shrug is so cute!
    You will love the BeeKeeper quilt. I have been making it for a while and used some of The KNitting Goddess skeins and they are fab too! LOL at your Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute shrug. Knittings for babies is the best! Lucky lady with the giveaway, that's some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete